Posted by TraceyOK on November 01, 2001 at 07:08:29:
Is there any link between sleep disorders and Alzheimer's disease? I recently watched a television documentary that suggested a link between memory loss early in life and Alzheimer's disease. I have narcolepsy and find that have short term memory recall is a problem (especially on bad days). I cannot place names with faces, and complete thoughts are sometimes abruptly halted in the process of verbalizing them. I noticed others participating in this forum have the same symptom. Can memory problems related to sleep disorders CAUSE Alzheimer's disease? Are there any studies providing conclusive information? I appreciate any information.
- Re: link between narcolepsy and Alzheimers? philip 09:54 11/01/01 (1)
- But is there a link between N and apnea??? T.R. 14:43 11/01/01 (0)
- The Sleep Forums are not to be used for commercial purposes.
- Commercial products and services are not endorsed by Needsleep.net.
- Sleep Deprivation due to Sleep Apnea and insufficient sleep are common and can present as insomnia, narcolepsy, or idiopathic hypersomnia. In infants and children sleep problems commonly present themselves as ADD or ADHD.
Copyright ©1995-2006 Needsleep.net., All rights reserved